Friday, April 16, 2010

Poster Child


Frontiers, the undergraduate research exhibition took place today (and will continue tomorrow.) This is an opportunity for students to showcase their work beyond the classroom at the University of Connecticut. My poster illustrated the work I had done on the AAPT database I created last fall and the up-to-date progress on the LTPP data analysis project. I would like to be present tomorrow at the fair, because it is open house on campus and a lot of prospective students and their families will be coming through- it would be nice to impress all of them, haha. Not too many people were at the exhibit today- I know, surprising for a Friday afternoon. I won't be able to attend tomorrow because I will be taking the F.E. exam.
This poster was actually helpful for me because it encouraged me to work harder to get progress on the LTPP data analysis of which I hadn't been focusing on previously. With classes, teaching and other research it understandably got moved to the back burner. The picture included is me next to my poster.

1 comment:

  1. Students at Mt. Ararat Middle School have created this site about alums who are doing exciting work. Here is the page they created about Rosa's work at the NOAA Lab in Juneau and the Bering Sea:

    http://missionmentors.wikispaces.com/Rosa-+Marine+Biologist

    ReplyDelete